Thursday, July 1, 2010

Be still, my gaming heart

I usually don't get too excited about new games coming out.  I have spent most of this year focusing on my new phone (which has yet to be shipped and was ordered June 10) so I have gotten a little behind in the electronic device/gaming market.  But two different announcements have caught my full attention: Rock Band 3 and RapStar.

Let's start with Rapstar. Anyone who knows me knows I know the words to a lot of different songs, and rap is by no means an exception. In fact, I have a few girlfriends who would LOVE to see me do a live performance of any Eminem song!  I'm not the best singer, but I can spit some words out pretty quickly.  Since there hasn't yet been a platform with which to showcase my gangsta talent, I purchased SingStar a few years ago for PlayStation 2 (just to be able to sing) and loved it.  I even hit up every used game store so my collection of songs could grow. I still love the 80s collection disc, but the others are getting old. So imagine my surprise and delight when I heard that I could get my rap on anytime I wish!  I am not 100% sure when this version will be released, nor do I know a lot about it, but I am excited by its possibilities.  I hope it's not as disappointing as DJ Hero, which i do not own, but played a demo and found it really lame.  Rapstar promises to deliver, and with scoring like Dope and Off the Chain, I'm down!

Moving on to Rock Band3, which isn't due out until Christmas. I love both Rock Band and Guitar Hero immensely and have often wished they would merge the good qualities of the two into one game.  Viola! It seems Rock Band 3 is just that: the best of all worlds. Well, musical gaming worlds. And get this...they're adding a keyboard!!  *rejoice*  I have been a slave to plastic guitar  while my heart belonged to my lonely keyboard in the corner.  And apparently I will be able to hook up my own bad ass keyboard to the game as well!  Awwwwesome! I guess that'll save us some money so we can buy the new fender guitar that's coming out too. It can play real and virtual guitar at the same time! Check it out here if you don't believe me. Plus it actually has strings instead of buttons. Can this deal get any sweeter? I mean, it's not like they're going to make any of this stuff affordable, but they do make it intensely desirable!

I wonder if the new guitar means I can no longer make a joke about being in the Plastic Ono Band... hope not.


No comments:

Post a Comment