Saturday, July 10, 2010

Birthday Thinkin'

My birthday is fast approaching and this year I'm not really sure what I want. Since I will be out of town for this one, the Mr. and I have decided to do a nice dinner in advance of my trip. It'll be a really nice change from eating at home!

But what to get the person who never wants anything or doesn't like to spend money? Tough, I know. I thought of first asking for a bike, but then a friend of ours offered up some barely-ridden ones of theirs. Score! And right in my price range! I really really wanted a bike, so now I don't know what else I could want.

How about phone accessories?
This macro lens accessory (for htc phones) is awesome! (not exactly the one pictured)
This will take my phone to new levels of picture taking on the go!  It's amazing ability to shoot close-up is coupled with its ingenious magnetic design. I hear it's not too pricey, so I'll put it on my list!


New shoes are always on the radar. They can get expensive, but I have holes in my most favorite pair of sneakers...
I like these! It's a cut-out canvas design in a low profile look in the 460 series from New Balance. I can't pick a color, but I really think this shoe would fit. [pun intended]















What about books? I love knowledge!

This book is recommended by nearly every garden blogger I have run across. I should probably own it sometime.  It's a little odd how much plant work I do and how little I read up on it.  I prefer to do my own thing, but ideas are slim pick-ins these days. And not to mention that nearly every single plant I own is potted still.



Also highly recommended is this book about actually starting a business out of what you love to do. (If gardening is what you love)  Like I said, I rely heavily on my own ideas, so to have new insight could prove invaluably helpful. This woman tells of how she got started and how to organize all your ideas. I don't know yet where life will take me with gardening, but it would be a dream to profit from my love!



But I digress, really, because I love anything I receive that has thought put into it. Or heart. Or creativity. I usually give hand made gifts if I have the time, and of course appreciate them in return. Besides, I can go pick up any of these items for myself anytime, I just dislike parting with my money. Gifts make me feel much less guilty than if I had bought them myself!

In truth, all I really want for my birthday is happiness. Not just for me, but those around me. It will be odd to be away from the Mr. on my big day this year, but at least I'll be with my family. My mom hasn't made me a cake in years...I'm sure she would just love to now! And if I don't get anything on my list, so what. It's just stuff. I am already a pretty lucky person indeed.

Wait, that sounds too sappy.
Lucky or not, gimme something good ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment